Call for Trustee Nominations – Ngā Pōtiki ā Tamapahore Trust – 2022
- All adult registered members of Ngā Pōtiki ā Tamapahore Trust have the opportunity to nominate trustees in 2022.
- Three (3) positions on the board of trustees are contestable and if an election is required, the results will be confirmed at the 2021-22 Annual General Meeting on Saturday, March 4, 2023.
- Two (2) incumbent trustees, Verna Ohia-Gate and Ropata Stephens, have offered themselves up for re-election, in accordance with clauses 4.1 and 4.5 of the second schedule of the Ngā Pōtiki ā Tamapahore Deed of Trust (“Deed”).
- All adult registered members of Ngā Pōtiki ā Tamapahore Trust will receive a nomination form via email or via post (with a prepaid envelope included).
- Copies of the form are also available at the Ngā Pōtiki office in Pāpāmoa, via this link on our website, or via email request – email@example.com.
Nominations, process, and eligibility
- Trustee nomination forms must be received at the Ngā Pōtiki office no later than Saturday, December 17, 2022 – the closing date for nominations (second schedule 6.2).
- Nominations shall be in writing and signed by no less than three (3) adult registered members of Ngā Pōtiki.
- Nomination forms can be returned to the office via post (PO Box 11491, Palm Beach, Pāpāmoa 3151), or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The nominee must be an adult registered member of Ngā Pōtiki. We invite any eligible person to register as a member for the purposes of being eligible as a nominee up until Saturday, December 17, 2022.
- The nominee must sign their consent on the nomination form and may withdraw at any time by notice to the Ngā Pōtiki trustees.
- The trustee term shall be for three (3) years (second schedule 4.1).
Voting for trustees
- If an election is required – i.e., more than three (3) trustee nominations are received – voting forms will be posted or emailed to all adult registered members of Ngā Pōtiki. Copies of the form will also be available at the Ngā Pōtiki office (4 Te Omiraka Lane, Pāpāmoa Beach), and via email request – email@example.com.
- Details about voting (including the closing date) will be set out on the voting forms (along with a prepaid envelope for the forms received via post).
- Completed voting forms MUST BE posted directly to the Chief Returning Officer, or brought to the AGM where the Chief Returning Officer will be present.
- The closing date for voting forms returned via post will be earlier than those returned in person.
- The Chief Returning Officer will confirm the results at the AGM.
- An AGM notice will be published at least 21 days prior to the AGM (section 14.3).
In accordance with clause 6.7 of the second schedule of the Deed – Eligibility for nomination, a person shall not be eligible for nomination if he or she:
- Is or has ever been convicted of an offence involving dishonesty as defined in section 2(1) of the Crimes Act 1961, or an offence under section 373(4) of the Companies Act 1993 (unless that person is an eligible individual for the purposes of the Criminal Records (Clean State) Act 2004;
- Is bankrupt or has made any composition or arrangement with his or her creditors;
- Has been convicted of an indictable offence (unless that person is an eligible individual for the purposes of the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004; or
- Is subject to a compulsory treatment order under the Mental Health (Compulsory Treatment and Assessment) Act 1992 or is subject to a care and protection order under Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988;
- Has within the last three (3) years been removed from the office of Trustee, in accordance with clause 22.3;
- Has been removed as a director or trustee of any other company, entity or trust, by order of any Court in New Zealand.
In accordance with clause 7.3 of the Deed
“No person may be appointed as a director, or trustee of a subsidiary or a trustee of this Trust if that person has been removed as a director or trustee of any other company, entity or trust, by order of any Court of New Zealand.”
If you have any questions, or if you want to find out if you are a registered member of Ngā Pōtiki ā Tamapahore Trust, please contact the office by phoning 07 572 3344, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by coming into the office at 4 Te Omiraka Lane, Pāpāmoa Beach.