Two trustees of Ngā Pōtiki ā Tamapahore Trust are up for re-election or retirement this year, in accordance with the Ngā Pōtiki ā Tamapahore Deed of Trust.
Trustees Peter Stokes and Victoria Carroll have offered themselves up for re-election.
All adult registered members have the opportunity to nominate new trustees and will receive a nomination form via email or via post (with a prepaid envelope included), so they can participate in this process.
Copies of the form are also available at the Ngā Pōtiki office in Pāpāmoa, or can be downloaded via the link below.
If an election is required, the results will be confirmed at the 2020 Annual General Meeting on Saturday, November 14, 2020.
Nominations, process and eligibility
- Trustee nominations must be received at the Ngā Pōtiki office no later than Friday, August 21, 2020 – the closing date for nominations.
- Nominations shall be in writing and signed by no less than three adult registered members of Ngā Pōtiki.
- The nominee must be an adult registered member of Ngā Pōtiki. We invite any eligible person to register as a member for the purposes of being eligible as a nominee up until Friday, August 21, 2020.
- The nominee must sign their consent on the nomination form and may withdraw at any time by notice to the Ngā Pōtiki trustees.
- The trustee term shall be for three years.
Voting for trustees
- If an election is required, voting forms for trustee positions will be posted or emailed to all adult registered members of Ngā Pōtiki.
- Details about voting (including the closing date) will be set out on the voting forms (along with a prepaid envelope for the forms received via post).
- Completed voting forms should be posted or emailed directly to the Chief Returning Officer, or brought to the AGM. The closing date for voting forms returned via post will be earlier than those returned via email or in person.
- The Chief Returning Officer will confirm the results at the AGM.
- An AGM notice will be published at least 21 days prior to the AGM.
In accordance with clause 6.7 of the Second Schedule of the Deed – Eligibility for Nomination, a person shall not be eligible for nomination if he or she:
- a) Is or has ever been convicted of an offence involving dishonesty as defined in section 2(1) of the Crimes Act 1961, or an offence under section 373(4) of the Companies Act 1993 (unless that person is an eligible individual for the purposes of the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004;
- b) Is bankrupt or has made any composition or arrangement with his or her creditors;
- c) Has been convicted of an indictable offence (unless that person is an eligible individual for the purposes of the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004; or
- d) Is subject to a compulsory treatment order under the Mental Health (Compulsory Treatment and Assessment) Act 1992 or is subject to a care and protection order under Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988;
- e) Has within the last three years been removed from the office of Trustee, in accordance with clause 22.3;
- f) Has been removed as a director or trustee of any other company, entity or trust, by order of any Court in New Zealand.
In accordance with clause 7.3 of the Deed
“No person may be appointed as a director, or trustee of a subsidiary or a trustee of this Trust if that person has been removed as a director or trustee of any other company, entity or trust, by order of any Court of New Zealand”
If you have any questions, or if you want to find out if you are a registered member of Ngā Pōtiki ā Tamapahore Trust, please contact the office by phoning 07 572 3344, by emailing email@example.com, or by coming into the office at Level 1, 34 Gravatt Rd, Fashion Island, Pāpāmoa Beach.